[Gllug] ibook problems

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Tue Jan 11 18:10:35 UTC 2005

Tushar Joshi wrote:
> I know a few others here have ibooks and was wondering
> if others had the same problems as me. I've got about
> 5 of them and 4 of them are dead at the moment.
[snip]
> Quite frustrating since I end up not having a home
> computer for 2 months when it breaks.
>
> Is this isolated and are powerbooks better!?

I've heard comments from others with occasional problems - it seems to
be a "bursty" thing, presumably when a new source of components comes
online. Personally, my old translucent ibook is still going strong after
4/5 years now.

My brother liked his powerbook, as I recall his only problem was a
scratched screen (his fault).
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd