[Gllug] C++ Templates, Opinions?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Jan 5 17:20:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005, Tethys announced authoritatively:

> Richard Jones writes:
>
>>Possibly ... I obviously missed something here.  Nix is a CL core
>>developer or something :-?
>
> Not that I'm aware of.

No, although I *am* starting to do a lot of work on emacs-cl, and
have done a good bit of XEmacs hacking in the past. :)

>                        But he[1] has made a number of very pro Lisp
> postings on this list. See for example:
>
> 	http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2004-September/046670.html

I've done some Haskell and SML in the past: current odd-but-powerful
languages of interest are Cayenne and Joy.

OCaml is on my list to look at, if only to see how OO was added to ML
without breaking it. :)

> [1] She? Who knows? The joys of gender neutral screen names... :-)

He. (ha, ho, ho, hum, I smell the blood of an Englishman?)

--
`The sword we forged has turned upon us
 Only now, at the end of all things do we see
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk