[Gllug] Linux as a Primary Domain Controller

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Fri Jan 21 11:24:43 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 09:59 +0000, Wiehe, Simon wrote:
> > Their school mandates the use of windows at home?  Ouch.
>
> The school does not mandate, it just makes it easier for them in the early
> stages if they use a common environment. One is not at school yet but is
> getting quite competent with my PC and the other has recently started. I don't
> want to confuse matters by introducing another OS. I will wait until they have
> the basics and then convert them, mwahahaha.

I think it's important that they get it right the first time, and
therefore I would certainly present my kids with Linux first had I have
fork()'ed already. Then they can make up their mind later on to use some
other UNIX variant if they really want to. Should they do graphics for a
living, it may be MacOS, for instance.

Jan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk