[Gllug] How do I do this?

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Wed Jan 12 22:29:17 UTC 2005

Adrian McMenamin wrote:

>Sorry if this is ludicrously simple.
>
>I want to write a script that I can run, via ssh, on the mail server to
>scp over spams and then get spamassassin to learn them.

A much much easier way to do this is as follows.

On your SA server install an IMAP server that supports shared folders
(Cyrus is what I use). Create a shared folder called spam and make it
world writeable.

Using your favourite mail client, subscribe to this IMAP folder and,
when you get spam you want it to learn, copy or move the mail into this
folder.

Grab this script: http://www.dmzs.com/tools/files/spam/DMZS-sa-learn.pl

Customise it for your environment then call it from cron every hour, or
whatever interval you prefer.

Regards

Mart.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk