[Gllug] Scrounge - anyone got an old mobo for an athlon 2200+ and

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Jan 8 09:47:59 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 08:49 +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
[snip]
>    Can I join the queue? My current fastest are 550 or dual 450.

My dual PII-450 box is still my "power" box for when I want something
fast.

I notice that the cheap ex-corporate boxes at ITDealers
(www.itdealers.co.uk) are now up to PIII-800, and I suspect the Compaq
tower boxes are SCSI too, judging by the HDD size.  I'm tempted, but I'm
always wanting to see what will hit the 2nd hand market next.

John

P.S.  I understand Dell are doing a decent server for 99 GBP.

--
John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk