[Gllug] Biitorrent for a dummy

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Sun Jan 23 22:40:09 UTC 2005

Adrian McMenamin writes:

>>  13:04:56 up 1 day,  2:34,  1 user,  load average: 1.43, 1.34, 1.29
>
>Two questions: why is your box always so heavily loaded and how do you
>get that to appear in your .sig?

There are many approaches to getting it in a signature, depending on
which mail client is being used. Here's one:

	mkfifo ~/.signature
	while true; do uptime > ~/.signature; done

In fact, for this trivial case, you don't even need the pipe, although
it somehow seems cleaner to me to do so. You could just do:

	while true
	do
		uptime > ~/.signature.new && mv ~/.signature{.new,}
		sleep 5
	done

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk