[Gllug] Dvorak Keyboards and vim

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon Jan 17 10:09:23 UTC 2005

Nix writes:

>That's OK, I already think you're a heretic and possibly insane for
>switching *away* from the One True Editor anyway. ;)

Emacs isn't a great editor, at least in its default state. Not intended
as a flame, just a statement of fact -- as a tool for entering text
into a computer, there are better options available. People like Emacs
not because it's a great editor, but because it does all sorts of
other things as well as editing text (reading mail & news, browsing
the web, psychiatry, fixing your plumbing, calculating prime numbers,
working out which question gives the answer 42, etc). And some just
because it's LISP, and they think LISP is the answer to life, the
universe and everything :-)

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk