[Gllug] OT: microdirect.co.uk reliable?

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 18:39:39 UTC 2005

On Thursday 13 Jan 2005 10:23, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Thu 13 Jan, will wrote:
> > You have to be joking, Maplins is staffed by braindead morons.
>
>    I think that the (older) person who served me at Maplins in Slough is a
> radio amateur who does know what he is doing and is willing to help.

I had the misfortune to be in there today, and I think he's gone.  The kiddies
behind the "components" counter couldn't actually operate their computer
terminal correctly, and couldn't either confirm or deny stock of several
common components (in this case, fuses).  After several frustrating minutes
(I really needed the fuses NOW!), I left the shop, and I won't be going
back....

Chris
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk