[Gllug] Repairing ubuntu packages

Morris, Simon Simon.Morris at cmtww.com
Mon Jan 10 16:49:01 UTC 2005

I can provide half the answer for you here.

If you run the following command you get a list of the packages you
currently have installed

COLUMNS=200 dpkg -l | awk '{print $2}' > ~/packages.txt

You could then (try) and restore the previous set of packages with

Apt-get install `cat ~/packages.txt`

However, this doesn't always work :(

You sometimes get stuck on kernel packages or some dependancy problems.

~sm
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk