[Gllug] Adaptec 2010S RAID controller

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Jan 28 11:53:59 UTC 2005

Does anyone else have Adaptec 2010S zero channel RAID controllers?

In that case a quick question.
I place a replacement drive into the array, and it is not recognised.
The lights flash, but there is no listing of the drive using
raidutil -L physical
(this is not a hot spare - a replacement for a failed drive).

My suspicion is that either somehow I'll have to force a rescan of
the SCSI bus, or power off/on to get the drive recognised,
but this isn't clear from the online documentation.

So if anyone else has done this, does this controller support hot swap?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk