[Gllug] Anyone know anything about hardware ?

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Mon Jan 24 16:55:42 UTC 2005

> Firstly, please do try to keep your lines under 76 characters in length.

I shall try :-)

> Secondly, you haven't mentioned what kind of disk it is. SCSI? IDE?
> Something else entirely? Who made it? What model of disk is it?

It's a Fujitsu MPG3204AT 20 Gb IDE drive.

The recovery company in question is
http://www.dataclinic.co.uk/fujitsu-hard-disk-recovery.htm

I have seen a similar explanation as to the fault at other sites, both data
recovery and
general sites.

> Apart from anything else, a data recovery company is likely to have a
> vested interest in misinforming you about the possibility of swapping
> disk controllers ;)

Hence my post here because I can't help thinking its to protect their business

The controller board looks easy to swap, a small ribbon cable connects the
board to the mechanism
and the board is fixed by easily accessible screws so physically it is not
difficult to swap.

Thanks

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk