[Gllug] Name server software?

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Tue Jan 4 17:13:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 14:42 +0000, Tethys wrote:
> Rev Simon Rumble writes:
>
> to a lack of viable alternatives. If you're excluding djbdns (as I
> would),

Curious as to why people have such issues with djbdns (I use bind9), I
thought I'd check out it's website, and I have to say I've never seen as
big an ego on just one website.

I did try and find something out about the actual software, but the ego
kept getting in the way.

> >I ask because after a short time struggling with Sendmail, I now find
> >Postfix to be vastly VASTLY superior.
>
> I suspect that to be a sign of your lack of understanding of how to
> configure sendmail :-)

Unlike the 99% of the population who also fail to understand something
even more evil-looking than perl?

(Yes, I know it uses an M4 wrapper now or some such)

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child," for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely