[Gllug] iptables DNAT problem

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 23 15:20:59 UTC 2005

OK, so now I have bittorrent working, but only after I mangled my
firewall.

I used to have this in it...

-A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 80 -j DNAT --to 192.168.12.35

Which allowed external connections to pass through to the FORWARD chain
where they were subject to further filtering and if passed they'd
connect to a box (192.168.12.35) running apache.

eth0 is the external if, but it has a dynamically set IP address

Once I installed the bittorrent client on a box inside the network I
added this line...

-A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 6881 -j DNAT --to 192.168.13.22

(192.168.13.xx is a wireless network)

But I can only use one or the other. Currently I have the web line
commented out, so no reachable webserver.

Why can't I (seemingly) have two different DNAT targets?

the

--
Adrian McMenamin <adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk>