[Gllug] Biitorrent for a dummy

Benedikt Heinen beh at icemark.net
Sun Jan 23 15:24:08 UTC 2005

> I have downloaded the relevant pacakage for my setup (FC3) and the
> readme file references a "INSTALL.unix.txt" which isn't part of the
> package.

Hmmm...

 	apt-get install bittornado-gui

?

That's what did it all for me... ;-)

But - speaking of bittorrent - has anyone here ever used bittorrent on a
Mac (and encountered problems with it? Namely - incredibly slow
downloads)?

A friend of mine tried torrent, but couldn't get more than ~10-15kb/s on
his G4 OS/X machine...  And it wasn't his connection - while bittorrent
was still slow, trying an http download came up to about 100kb/s.

And one of my machines that was also torrenting the CD image in question
only sent him about 2-3kb/s whereas some other peers downloaded at more
than 100kb/s from my machine...

So there didn't seem to be a bottleneck on either side of the connection,
nevertheless his torrent client never got to any decend download speeds...

Any ideas?

   Benedikt

--
 	It seems I think I am, therefore it seems I am, I think!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk