[Gllug] Modem information requested.

Sharon Kimble sharonm63 at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jan 22 08:59:27 UTC 2005

I'm getting modem connection problems again to my ISP on an ADSL line. Last
evening they admitted that they were having problems on their status page,
but the modem also seems to have quit at some stage during then night.

Last year I went through two modems, a netgear dg834 I think it was which cost
me about £120, and then a D-Link DSL-300T for about £70. Both of them seemed
to die because of overheating, they were both kept on a wooden shelf of my
computer desk where the heat from the backend of my box was partially trapped
under the desk.

Now this current modem, another DSL-300T seems to be also showing the same
symptoms of intermittent connection, which I take to mean of impending death!
This time it should not be overheating causing it, as it sits on the floor of
the hall where the average temperature is about 17'c, and the coldest its got
so far this winter is 15'c.

So now I'm looking for another ADSL modem to connect to my system/network
which is not wifi, and will last! Can anyone suggest any good makes and
models please, that I can possibly order online?

Hopefully thanks
Sharon.
--
 08:58:05 up 2 days,  9:20,  3 users,  load average: 1.08, 1.24, 1.29
A taste of linux http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/efever/index.html
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk