OT: PC World are useless - was Re: [Gllug] OT: microdirect.co.uk reliable?

Darren Beale bealers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 23:30:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:53:40 +0000, Ian Norton
<bredroll at darkspace.org.uk> wrote:

> Never buy anything from pc world, no matter how urgently needed, or any shop
> hight street PC shop for that matter..

It must be really difficult to recruit people that
a) know the product
b) can deal with the muppety public

Day in day out they must be dealing with idiots that want "a Mac/PC
software converter" or have to deal with support calls along the lines
of "My computer is broke, please guess how/why"

If one is working in corporate desktop support land than I would
imagine that dealing with internal clients can be iritating at times.
Having to do it with retail customers who are genreally less savvy and
you get paid a lot less to deal with, must be a turn-off.

Peanuts + Monkeys etc
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk