[Gllug] Bulletin board/Forums software

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Tue Jan 18 18:51:46 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 18 Jan 2005 5:52 pm, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 05:13:31PM +0000, Andrew Black (li) wrote:
> > Hi
> > Does anyone have any suggestions for a Bulletin board/Forums software.
> > To run on Apache under debian.
> >
> > Prefered open source.
>
> phpBB has a terrible user interface.
[SNIP]

> and there's a Google directory listing hundreds of packages here:

there are loads of open source BBS projects that run on apache under debian -
there are even several that are part of debian.

But I haven't found any that I want to use or would recommend.

I want something with a good security record, good moderation features, is
easy and appealing for end users - and I want web and email access.

I've been wondering how feasible it would be to write a small web application
to display Mailman archives, BBS style, the app could then simply mail any
web based messages to Mailman ...

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk