[Gllug] PSU voltages

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Jan 31 15:49:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Simon Wiehe suggested tentatively:
>> VCore 1:   +2.83 V  (min =  +3.33 V, max =  +3.68 V)   ALARM
>> VCore 2:   +2.83 V  (min =  +3.33 V, max =  +3.68 V)   ALARM
>
> It could be correct. I have an Abit Socket A motherboard and vcore was
> very low. Investigation showed (via the Abit fora) that the
> motherboard in question was known for its low vcore and that I should
> raise it in the BIOS. This I did, but only once I managed to cool the
> whole case and the CPU drastically to stop it overheating.

Oh, right, so the CPU doesn't *mind* about the low VCore?

I mean, the last time I had lm-sensors working on that box (which has an
asus motherboard), I don't recall any VCore alarms. But I'm not sure if
it's the VCore or the lm-sensors alarm thresholds which have changed...

How can we tell what the VCore is meant to be? It's CPU-dependent, isn't
it?

--
`Blish is clearly in love with language. Unfortunately,
 language dislikes him intensely.' --- Russ Allbery
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk