[Gllug] growisofs with -use-the-force-luke option

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Wed Jan 26 13:40:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 09:17 +0000, Harry Mantheakis wrote:
> Hello Jan
>
> Thanks so much for your very instructive reply.
>
> As it happens, last night I did track down the source code - manually, so to
> speak - and I found that exact same piece of 'undocumented' documentation.
>
> I had not used 'apt' before, so your instructions were welcome.

Well, that all depends on whether you do or do not have apt system in
place (pun intended ;)

Someone might add a "yumified" or "emerginative" approach, I don't know
about those (though I am pretty much supposed to make it at least in the
latter environment).

> > Excuses and more excuses. Is that the best you can do? ;P
>
> Like so many things in life, it's easy when you know how :-)

Hey that's fine, I was just teasing ;)

Surprisingly, actually reading the reference after having used Debian
for a few years saved me lots of time later on:

http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference

This is the document which outgrew the point where even Debian
developers would call it a "quick" reference, so brace yourself.

Good luck!

Jan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk