[Gllug] Name server software?

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 21:31:32 UTC 2005

Stig Brautaset wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 09:55:39AM +0000, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
>
>>Standards aren't supposed to be the best way of doing things, just a
>>way that everyone has agreed to.

That's certainly the preferred solution, but I do think universal
adherence to a standard is actually more important that that the
standard codify the optimum solution (within reason). People who think
their way is better and break standards compliance are a curse (whether
or not their way *is* better is immaterial to this). DJB is one example
of such, but he's by no means the only one. Microsoft think like this
too, but they don't really count as they usually break standards and use
solutions that are technically worse.

Mike.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk