[Gllug] London explosions

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Jul 11 15:30:16 UTC 2005

On 11/7/2005, "Michael Moritz" <mimo at gn.apc.org> wrote:

>Yes and no. The us is large and people for instance in major cities dont drive (just remembered supersize me and the typical new yorker doing twice the distance by foot than that of the average american), And then, I'm not sure that the us driving licence contains biometric information.

You'll also have noticed that Supersize Me also involved the protagonist
driving around...

No idea about biometrics, but there are moves afoot to force the states
to a single standard.

That said, you'd be unlikely to find a country where ALL citizens have
driving licenses.  At the very least, the whole point of a license is
that it can be revoked.

>A am not sure about the French one. I lived there for a year and registered with the local authority (which is common in many european countries) and you get a stamp in your passport that I didnt have to carry around at all the time. Not sure what they would say if I produced my driving license instead?

Depends if the coppers liked the look of you or not.  If you're black-
or arab-looking, I don't like your chances in France.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk