[Gllug] Re: Dual core AMDs

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Tue Jul 19 09:23:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 06:47:09AM +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Thursday 14 Jul 2005 23:48, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
>
> > To be honest, although I started all this Z80 v 6502 stuff, I don't
> > believe there is any serious evidence that one was faster than the other
> > across the range of real world applications.
>
> In all instances, the Z80 left the 6502 for dead.  There was no competition.

All this z80/6502 nostalgia :-)

I fell into the computing world when 68ks were everywhere, the war then was
between amiga and atari, Ahh, i remember my old trusty ST, wonderful machine,
I'd been playing with fastbasic for about 4 months before I first saw BBC
micros at junior school. I was amased at how old yet cool it felt. wierdly just
as much fun to do stuff with as my home machine that had 10 times the ram and
an 8mhz chip.

speaking of bbc micros, I have a bush internet tv box that I found recently,
someone once mentioned that these are just glorified bbc micros, complete with
bbc basic after a shift-break. anyone have a keyboard for one?

--
Ian Norton-Badrul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk