[Gllug] Re: Dual core AMDs

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Jul 15 05:51:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 06:47 +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Thursday 14 Jul 2005 23:48, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
>
> > To be honest, although I started all this Z80 v 6502 stuff, I don't
> > believe there is any serious evidence that one was faster than the other
> > across the range of real world applications.
>
> In all instances, the Z80 left the 6502 for dead.  There was no competition.

I'm amazed that anyone can say anything like that - particularly without
any attempt to back it up - when it's so easy to demonstrate that it's
untrue.  Compare the BBC Micro and the ZX Spectrum or Memotech MTX512
for speed or any other criterion you care to choose and you find that
it's the 6502 which left the Z80 for dead.

Can you produce even a single instance, never mind "all instances",
where the Z80 out-performed the 6502?

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk