[Gllug] Toshiba Tecra 550CDT BIOS

Peter Grandi pg_gllug at gllug.for.sabi.co.UK
Fri Jul 22 16:48:03 UTC 2005

>>> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:42:23 +0100, Steve Nelson
>>> <sanelson at gmail.com> said:

sanelson> Hi Chums, I've spent half a day googling, but still
sanelson> haven't worked out how to get into the BIOS of a
sanelson> Toshiba Tecra 550CDT.  I want to run knoppix on it,
sanelson> but it boots from the disk first, and thus always
sanelson> starts windows 98 (eww!). [ ... ]

The two things are not necessarily related... Many Toshiba
laptops use _different_ key sequences for entering the BIOS
vs. selecting the boot device.

On most Toshibas you should press F2 to get the boot device
selection menu, just before the red Toshiba logo is displayed
(that is, immediately after powerup/reset).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk