[Gllug] Toshiba Tecra 550CDT BIOS

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Fri Jul 22 14:57:24 UTC 2005

Steve Nelson wrote:

>Hi Chums,
>
>I've spent half a day googling, but still haven't worked out how to
>get into the BIOS of a Toshiba Tecra 550CDT.  I want to run knoppix on
>it, but it boots from the disk first, and thus always starts windows
>98 (eww!).
>
>Anyone got one of these, or familiar with them?  Or perhaps someone
>with stronger google fu that I have today could help?
>
>At present it flashes up a red Toshiba logo, then goes straight to the
>windows splash screen.

Steve,
  Here is a chuckle, Google for your exact title of this post and the
third hit is this:

Linux Installation notes - *Toshiba* *Tecra* *550CDT* laptop
<http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/%7Ejwoithe/toshiba-550CDT.html>
http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/~jwoithe/toshiba-550CDT.html
Linux Installation notes - *Toshiba* *Tecra* *550CDT* laptop *...* The
*BIOS* settings can be accessed by holding ESC during power-on, and then
pressing F1. *...*

I think that answers the question without even visting the site :)

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk