[Gllug] OT MP3 personal player

Peter Grandi pg_gllug at gllug.for.sabi.co.uk
Sat Jul 9 23:13:23 UTC 2005

>>> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:02:16 +0100, Caparo
>>> <caparo at saltmine.org.uk> said:

caparo> Hi, I know you guys are into MP3's my daughter wants to
caparo> buy one at 29.99 for a 512Mb with FM radio. Is this a
caparo> good buy ?

Depends, but 29.99 seems a bit too cheap, but it could still
be a bargain. A flash player with FM radio is however a quite
delightful music playing device, as it is very small, silent,
and the FM radio means one is never out of music.

512MB will be able to hold around 120-160 tracks, so around
10-15 albums, depending on a lot of factors, so it is pretty
OK. 1GB might be somewhat more comfortable (many less reasons
to reload it), but the FM radio makes the issue of how many
tracks it can store much less important.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk