[Gllug] Now you don't see that everyday

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 13:03:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 13:48 +0100, Tethys wrote:
> "Daniel P. Berrange" writes:
>
> >Don't care so much about the olympics, but at least the gov might
> >finally put a little more funding into making transport here
> >suck less :-)
>
> For all people complain about it, in reality, public transport in
> London is very good, and quite reasonably priced[1]. Try comparing
> it to other major cities sometime.

OK, naff all to do with Linux, but cannot resist having a say...

I think, in general, it's getting a lot better. The tube can still be
pretty ropey, maybe even worse than it was a couple of years ago, though
I am beginning to get the sense that at least somebody's trying to fix
it (partly because the nearest station, Manor House, is being
substantially renovated).

Being able to seriously consider getting the bus to go somewhere is a
big positive.

Like most people I don't drive in the centre of town so I think less
general traffic because of the congestion charge and more buses paid for
by the congestion charge is a pretty good trade off for most of us here.

As I live in civilisation I have no idea what it's like saff a da river
- the land of the crazy third rail.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk