[Gllug] Linux && iPod: slow file transfers?

Benedikt Heinen gllug at ml.icemark.net
Sun Jul 17 18:26:46 UTC 2005

Hi there,

   earlier today, I got myself an iPod  (new job where I can't take my
laptop to work so I could continue to listen to music from that).

I've set the iPod up on Windows (basic installation) and I'm now trying to
upload my mp3's to the iPod via gtkpod.

I've been out this afternoon and started copying the files when I left
here about 6 hours ago. So far gtkpod has copied about 5GB (of about
22GB) - which seems ridiculously slow for a USB2 link...

Is there a problem in my setup, or is the transfer for some (more-or-less)
legitimate reason really that slow?

   Benedikt

--
                     Gaudeo te illud de me rogavisse.