[Gllug] Linux Firewall

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 07:36:27 UTC 2005

Hi Paul

Your enquiry concerning your project did not give a great deal of detail.
I think maybe you might get some more advice if you can provide more detail
of exactly what your project will be doing  - are you providing interet
connectivity to the outside world for users on a LAN,  providing web pages to
both inside/outside,  etc etc.

Frankly, what we do for our users who wish to get to the internet, is use a
squid proxy server on a machine connected a) to the net and b) to the LAN.
With no IP forwading allowed for them, using IPtables/chains rules, they cannot
get any direct access to the internet, but can still surf the web.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk