[Gllug] London explosions

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Jul 12 07:35:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Christopher Hunter said:
> On Monday 11 Jul 2005 15:46, Nix wrote:
>
>> Most European countries have ID cards too, as does the US.
>
> Yes, and they have had NO effect on terrorism.

Where did I say they would? They obviously are useless for that: witness
9/11 and the use of valid ID by the hijackers.

You seem to have this strange idea that I'm a proponent of ID cards. I
was just pointing out that hopping countries to escape them would
require you to choose your destination carefully :)

What they want is an `I'm a bad person' card. Alas, such is
contradictory as criminals don't obey the law. (Famed for it, in fact.)

--
`But of course, GR is the very best relativity for the masses.'
 --- Wayne Throop
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk