[Gllug] 24Mbps Broadband in London

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Mon Jul 18 23:21:55 UTC 2005

I've seen a few articles about this recently (last week in Computing and
CW I think, more recently I found an old article on the Register where I
finally found a link to their home page - http://www.bethere.co.uk).
Trials are apparently going to start in London next month, they're using
Alcatel kit to provide ADSL2+:

http://www.home.alcatel.com/vpr/vpr.nsf/DateKey/11072005_1uk

So I'm wondering - is this new technology?  Or merely new to the UK?
And if the latter, is it therefore fairly safe to try and get in on one
of the trials considering I'd have to give up a reliable (but, by
comparison pedestrian) ISP I've been quite happy with for over two years
now?  I guess I'm the only person who can answer that last question to
my satisfaction, but I'd be interested to know people's thoughts on the
likely reliability of the service.

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk