[Gllug] London explosions

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 19:07:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 05:07:16PM +0100, Sean Burlington wrote:
> On Monday 11 July 2005 4:30 pm, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> > That said, you'd be unlikely to find a country where ALL citizens have
> > driving licenses.
>
> anyone else noticed how it's getting harder to join libraries etc?
>
> They have always asked for the same old thing - formal letters and utility
> bills (dated within 3 months).
>
> But I	am getting less and less of these as more bills come electronically....
>
> many official documents can't be used as they don't have an address

You do what I did with a braindead video rental place in London
(blockbuster maybe?) I borrowed someone elses bill, scanned it and then
"edited" it to look like it was my bill (both the address and the person
it was sent to) and they let me have a rental card. This was after
refusing the drivers license for not having a london address on it, and
the mobile phone bill as they don't accept mobile bills and the council
tax bill which was genuine as they wanted 2 forms of id, they also
refused the passport as it didn't have an address on it (iirc).

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk