Dual core AMDs (was Re: [Gllug] Recording Ogg streams?)

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Jul 12 08:32:38 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 08:19 +0100, John Hearns wrote:
[snip]
> The RISC/CISC wars are over, and I think the answer is that CISC has
> won, with elements of RISC, as you say.

...in the particular field of general purpose computers (Wintel/Linux
desktop and sever boxes).  This isn't going to change until the GPC as
we know it is superseded.  What will supersede it and when I don't know,
but there is no doubt that it will happen.  OTOH, if you look at
processor shipments in general, you might well find that RISC won.  The
number of ARMs out there is quite startling.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk