[Gllug] Sorry about that

Dr. B. Whalley ben.whalley at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 10:14:39 UTC 2005

Jack Richards wrote:
> Sorry about the sig file.  It goes on everything by default.  I'll try to remember to take is off for lug lists
>
> In other matters, anybody in the london area know whats going on with all the bombs ?
>
> Jack

The Met site seems to summarise the basics, but can't even get any
streaming (A/V) media from the Beeb.

 From met.police.uk:

=============
Major Transport Incident

At approx 08:50 on 7.7.05 we were called to Aldgate LT stn to assist the
City of London police and BTP regarding an incident on the underground
system.

All of the emergency services are on scene.

This has been declared as a major incident.

Too early to state what has happened at this stage.

There have been further reports from multiple locations in London of
explosions. It is too early to say what has caused these explosions.

Police are responding to reports from:

Edgware Rd
Kings Cross
Liverpool St
Russell Sq
Aldgate East
Moorgate underground stations.

Furthermore there has been a confirmed explosion on a bus in Tavistock
Place.

The MPS, BTP, City of London Police are working together to ensure
officers are deployed to each scene.

There have been reports of numerous casualties but it is too early to
say numbers at this stage.

I'm between Kings X and Russell Sq, but didn't hear/see a thing.

Charles Clarke to give a statement at 12:15

Ben
--
Dr B. Whalley
Dept. of Pharmacology