Dual core AMDs (was Re: [Gllug] Recording Ogg streams?)

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Jul 13 16:44:04 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 17:35 +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 16:33 +0100, Christian Smith wrote:
>

> > Technically, they may provide the highest performance per CPU, but what
> > about performance per watt? Performance per $? I'd say an Opteron probably
> > beats it on both counts.

ps. if anyone is interested in benchmark figures,
Igor Kozin's paper in the same workshop is pretty good:
http://www.cse.clrc.ac.uk/disco/mew15-cd/Talks/Kozin_CCLRC.pdf

I remember reading Martyn Guest's paper and having to go for a lie down
afterwards. Martyn is a very smart guy.
They've benchmarked oodles of codes for that paper.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk