[Gllug] usb printing nightmare

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Jul 20 12:27:19 UTC 2005

On Wednesday, 20 Jul 2005, Jason Clifford wrote:
>On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, David Damerell wrote:
>>Indeed. As we know, in the world of Windows, printing always works
>>perfectly without difficulties of any kind.
>Printing under Windows is usually one of the things that "just works". It
>requires almost no effort at all.

I'll just pass this on to Wednesday, who had the misfortune to do NT
support for many years, and wait for the maniacal laughter to stop.

It is true that it's generally easier to attempt to set up a printer
and sometimes that works. When it doesn't, though - which it will at
some point even if it works right away - the situation is dire beyond
belief.

[Even the MacOS can't make printing easy all the time. It's a tricky
one.]

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is First Oneiros, July.