[Gllug] Police want new powers

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Jul 22 14:13:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 02:29:43PM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> In all of the hue & cry about wanting to stop the terrorists I have heard
> nothing about the real reasons *why* they are doing it -- it is deeper
> than us joining the illegal war in Iraq. Can anyone enlighten me as to
> what al-quaida & friends are really all about ?
>
> I suspect that if the 'west' acted a little more fairly on the world
> stage then we wouldn't have 1/2 the problems that we do have.
> [[ think: world trade, ...]]

Even if you don't agree with the sentiment of the program, this
documentary gives some valuable background information:

http://www.archive.org/details/ThePowerOfNightmares

I believe that this is the edited first episode from the three which
were broadcast on BBC TV last year.  I actually have all three
originals on my laptop, from ahem, UKNova I think.

Rich.

--
-Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk