[Gllug] .psf files - Anyone know what they are and what might view them

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Jul 5 19:13:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 05:51:39PM +0100, Colin Murphy wrote:
> On Monday 04 July 2005 21:19, John Southern wrote:
> > On Monday 04 July 2005 19:47, Colin Murphy wrote:
> > > I have been sent a .psf file, I'm told that it is a scanned image, or
> > > some sort of file produced by a friends scanner software, at least.
> [...]
> > However, it is more likely to be ArcSoft PhotoStudio
> >
> > If it is the latter it can be converted with XnView from
> > http://www.xnview.com/
>
> For Gods sakes, why didn't I just phone!

What sort of scanner doesn't produce good old-fashioned TIFF files?

ObTiffHack: TIFF is a great format because the tags (the 't' in tiff)
mean you really can attach arbitrary data into the file.  Back in the
day someone in our lab invented an almost entirely new image format
for storing scans from X-ray detectors, which was basically TIFF with
a load of custom tags to store detector data.  The files had tons of
extra features but were also loadable into standard image s/w.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk