[Gllug] Authentication in apache2 against a Windows domain

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 09:39:42 UTC 2005

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to setup apache to authenticate users
against a Windows domain controller?

We have a Windows network here at work and we have a linux machine
running apache that we want to put in our DMZ for access by employees
externally.  We'd like to only allow access to authenticated users over
https but we'd rather not keep a separate set of usernames and passwords
on the box because we can't sync them with the domain controller.

One thought I had was using apache against PAM and then using PAM to
authenticate using Samba against the domain controller but I have very
limited knowledge of PAM and don't know how easy this is.

Any ideas appreciated.

JD
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk