[Gllug] Authentication in apache2 against a Windows domain

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 09:50:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 10:39:42AM +0100, Jon Dye wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to setup apache to authenticate users
> against a Windows domain controller?

You can do LDAP auth and I think there's also an NTLM auth module too...

Note that the LDAP stuff will by default be in cleartext!

You can probably also do Kerberos proxy authentication, which would
probably be the best way to do it, but I don't know how complicated it'd
be...

All the above should be doable by native Apache authentication modules,
although you will probably be able to do them in PAM and have Apache
auth against PAM...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk