[Gllug] Dell Poweredge 4200

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 11:02:20 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 11:51 +0100, Huw Lynes wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 11:30, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> > But I have a problem. The box has two SCSI cards and 4 HDs (all the HDs
> > are on the first card, the second runs the CD and tape - no HDs are set
> > up as RAID) in it and doesn't want to seem to boot from /dev/sda1 (which
> > is identified as C: by the SCSI BIOS) - where I have installed
> > knoppix/Debian.
>
> when you say it won't boot, how far does it get?

Well it will boot the Knoppix CD, but not from the HD - it simply stops
after it has been through the SCSI initialisation. But now you come to
mention it, it does post up some message about the disks being wiped by
some IBM porgram - I wonder if I should do a low level format and try
again?
--
Adrian McMenamin <adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk>