[Gllug] Change Management tools

Wayne Allen wayne at micromouse.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 11:14:55 UTC 2005

Email : wayne at fused.org
Web   : http://www.fused.org/

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Steve Nelson wrote:

> On 6/8/05, Wayne Allen <wayne at micromouse.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > anyone have any experience with change management software? We could
> > deploy CVS across all of our servers to track changes of config files
> > etc, but we are looking for something a bit more 'wordy'.
>
> Could you explain what you mean by that?

Basically its down to a question of who changed what, when, and why. I
have experience of using CVS to manage software projects, and have even
used it to manage configs for web servers, but it falls down when it comes
to I installed the new version of BIND today in xyz/aaa/com. Management
are begining to push for us to be more 'professional' and CMS seems to be
ther 'in' thing

Wayne

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk