[Gllug] spamassassin v bogofilter

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Jun 2 17:24:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Michael Moritz wrote:

> > You are trusting that all other MTAs and MUAs do the "right thing".
> > Experience shows that this sometimes is not the case.
>
> What do you mean? My SMTP server disconnects after the greylist check, the
> session is ended. No way the sender can continue sending the mail data as the
> tcp session is closed.

You are trusting that the other side will promptly retry. That's not a
safe assumption on either counts - ie that it will retry at all or that
any retries will not be subject to significant delays.

While email is not a time guaranteed medium users do have reasonable
expectations that there wont be lengthy delays - at least my users do.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk