[Gllug] [OT] Data Recovery companies

Liam Smit liam.smit at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:12:02 UTC 2005

Interesting, I must remember to continue avoiding fujitsu drives.<g>

The guy I know who has done it does have an electronics background and
a computer science degree and was working at Stellenbosch University
at the time so he probably had access to their labs as well...

btw sticking it in a freezer in a plastic bag with the air sucked out
of it does actually help sometimes, especially with dodgy electronics.
Certain other problems with misaligned platters, stuck heads, etc can
be 'cured' by a 1 meter drop onto a carpet (with underfelt) but I
don't particularly recommend that option unless all other avenues have
been exhausted. All you are doing with any of these 'solutions' is
getting to a point where you can copy the data off.

Cheers
Liam
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk