[Gllug] Don't like to boast but...

Wal walid.shaari at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 19:17:12 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, John Hearns
 <john.hearns at streamline-computing.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 12:35 +0100, Ashley Evans wrote:

> Actually it runs SuSE. We paint go-faster stripes on the side with
> our SCore parallel environment. Standard MPI libraries, but a low
> latency gigabit layer. You need low latency to get the parallel
> performance to acceptable levels.

The last couple of weeks i hear the word SUSE more  than REDHAT*, that
was from local vendors representing IBM, SGI, HP, and AMD, is that
because they jumped into the 2.6 kernel wagon quicker, or in Clusters,
and HPC environment they have  the technical lead?!

Walid.

* that is when support is an issue and a commerical linux distro is required
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk