[Gllug] Connection reset by peer

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 13:50:36 UTC 2005

vnc and ssh are pretty much unusable for me, sessions keep breaking with
the error "Connection reset by peer". It must be to do with my network
setup, but'm having problems pinning it down.

One computer connects to an ADSL router, and then acts as a gateway for
another network, using NAT. The computer that's directly connected to
the router doesn't have problems with ssh or vnc, but it's a headless
relic and no use for vnc (which is most useful to me) - it's the
computers that use the relic as a gateway that have problems.

I've tried using ethereal to hunt down the problem, but don't really
know what I'm looking for. Nothing jumped out at me (I was sort of
hoping for a great big "connection reset by peer here")

Any hints most gratefully received...
Tom Weissmann

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk