[Gllug] spamassassin v bogofilter

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Jun 1 16:26:46 UTC 2005

mimo writes:

>A proper ISP -- like the one I am working for ;) -- should run spamassassin
>for you... and also greylisting... and proper SMTP servers ..and...

You missed out one very important word in that -- "optionally".
A proper ISP should provide you with unfiltered IP connectivity
and nothing else. If ISPs want to offer additional services (spam
filtering, web proxying, etc), then great. But don't make it
mandatory for everyone. Some of us like to do things ourselves,
and my views on these things may well differ from my ISP's mass
market driven policies...

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk