[Gllug] spamassassin v bogofilter

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Wed Jun 1 17:10:07 UTC 2005

Tethys <tet at createservices.com> writes:

> mimo writes:
>
>>A proper ISP -- like the one I am working for ;) -- should run spamassassin
>>for you... and also greylisting... and proper SMTP servers ..and...
>
> You missed out one very important word in that -- "optionally".

[snip]

I assume everyone here has had the experience of trying to explain why
emails are (a) delayed and (b) not arriving at all when greylisting is
implemented? Delayed is bad enough - but the fact that many people have
an ISP whose mail servers fail on meeting a greylisting mail server is
enough to make greylisting un-usable in any real situation...

cheers, Rich [who had high hopes for greylisting once...]

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk