[Gllug] VMware how do I access the guest when there is no host network connection?

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 11:07:46 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 11:37 +0100, Darren Beale wrote:

> I guess I'm confused how these virtual network interfaces are
> presented to the guest and how one accesses them.  I did a 'discover'
> but it didn't come up with anything new and my knowledge of adding new
> hardware to a running linux system is pretty ropey at best.

Set the VM to use host-only networking (or did you already do that?), do
ipconfig /all on the host to see what subnets it's on, and then them out
in the guest.

In the reverse situation, (the only one I'm familiar with) ie a linux
host and a windows guest, the host does dhcp. If you're lucky this will
happen for you too.

hope this is some help,
Tom SW

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk