[Gllug] [YA-OT] PA-RISC D-Class 9000

Jack Richards jack.richards at gnu-solutions.com
Mon Jun 13 13:56:02 UTC 2005

Looks like its stuck at The ISL.  is there an error code on the LCD, if so, google for it.

Most UX boxes in this state either need booting to single user mode and fsck'ing followed by a reboot, or, it can't load the IPL off the disk, in which case you've dropped a disk.

The console ( connected via the serial port ) is your friend.

email me off line if you want to talk about this, I used to be an HP 9K consultant.

Jack

On Jun 13, 2005 03:02 PM, t.clarke <tim at seacon.co.uk> wrote:

> Re machine not come up correctly:-
>
> What does  ps -ef  say is running ?
>
> If nothing critical is running, I would probably unmount all unused filesystems,
> and use the 'reboot' command !
>
> Tim
> --

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended  recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please accept our apology. We should be obliged if you would email info at gnu-solutions.com by return and inform us.

Thank you.

GNU Solutions Ltd and the GNU Solutions Device are registered tradmarks of GNU Solutions Ltd.Gazelle Retail Hardened Linux, UpStart and the devices are registered trademarks of GNU Solutions Ltd.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk